The Biggest CDMA & GSM Forum

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inFacebook
  :: Best Prices With Fast Service ::    Iphone Australia Networks      Iphone U.S.A Networks      Iphone U.K Networks      Iphone France Networks      Iphone Canada Networks      Iphone Swizerland Networks Unlock Now FRIENDUNLOCKER

iOS 7.1.1 has been jailbroken by i0n1c and winocm

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
rockfort93
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
rockfort93

iOS 7.1.1 has been jailbroken by i0n1c and winocm Empty
PostSubject: iOS 7.1.1 has been jailbroken by i0n1c and winocm   iOS 7.1.1 has been jailbroken by i0n1c and winocm Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 1:55 pm

iOS 7.1.1 has been jailbroken by i0n1c and winocm Ios-7-1-1-jailbroken-768x1024
There was some good news on the jailbreaking front earlier this month when pod2g said that he’s working on iOS 7.1/7.1.1 jailbreak. We have some more good news for all of you — iOS 7.1.1 has been jailbroken by winocm and i0n1c.

The two prominent hackers posted news about the jailbreak separately. i0n1c aka Stefan Essar tweeted a photo of a jailbroken iPhone 5c running iOS 7.1.1 while winocm posted a 5-minute long video demoing the untethered jailbreak on an iPhone 4 running iOS 7.1.1.
Here’s what winocm said about the jailbreak:
Quote :
Oh yeah, this is iOS 7.1.1 untethered if you didn’t notice earlier. (iPhone 4 GSM though, don’t want to mess with any other devices that I have. Would work elsewhere… if you put in the effort. ジ)

winocm had demoed a similar untethered jailbreak for iOS 7.1, so it’s likely that this is an extension of
i0n1c further added that the jailbreak he used “is not based on a long vulnerability chain. It uses a single beautiful kernel bug that goes from mobile to kernel.” He was perhaps referring to the long chain of bugs that evasi0n7 relied on to complete the entire jailbreak process.
It’s great to know that iOS 7.1.1 has enough vulnerabilities for it to be jailbroken, but we doubt that i0n1c or winocm plan to release this jailbreak to the public. i0n1c has often expressed his dislike towards the jailbreaking community, while winocm plans to join Apple sometime soon.
We do hope that this does help pod2g accelerate the progress towards a public iOS 7.1, iOS 7.1.1 jailbreak.
Please note that any site claiming to have a jailbreak for iOS 7.1.1/7.1 is a scam, so stay clear from such scam sites. If there is a jailbreak for iOS 7.1 or iOS 7.1.1, it will be available for free, and we’ll be the first to report it here.
Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1